Sunday, September 18, 2016

Guns – Stirring The Pot

Guns – Stirring the pot.

Whoah!!!
He’s not going to actually write an article on guns.  Not really … no … why is he going to do that?  Well, only in America, versus pretty much any other country on the planet, is the use of decidedly dangerous, destructive, deadly, conveniently useable, and deadly (did I already say deadly) – yes, deadly murderous tools, such a hot topic.
Just addressing the topic of regulating guns, in this country, can get you shot by one.

Evolution in the application of Common Sense has taken a reverse turn in America, when it comes to guns.  The 2nd Amendment - when it was written, it took the average person nearly a full minute, lots of experience, several different ingredients used in precise manners for it to fire one bullet. And 25% of the time it didn't work.
I think in reference to true and honest history, any American ought to be able to own and operate all, and any, of the single shot muzzle-loading firearms they want.  Have a hundred of them, all set in a row in your living room, if you want.  Nail them to the front of your house if you want.  Carry it on your back, stick down the leg of your pants – open-carry; conceal carry (if you can).  WTF ever!

The ONLY restriction would be that it may not be capable of firing more than one bullet per minute.  That bullet may not have a force more capable than passing through one thin crust pizza before all of its energy is expired.

Any other form, model or design of firearm should require some proof of certified skill and learned provable responsibility.  JUST LIKE A FUCKING CAR!!!  Why is that such an infringement on personal liberty?  Hate the government that provides you with overall international safety, schools, roads, bridges, fire departments, police departments and thousands of other necessary elements you don’t even think about – hate that government all you want.  That is also your right, and it is your freedom under the 1st Amendment to stand on a street corner and shout your hatred towards that government. 

I do not believe it is the right of every man, woman, child and large dog to carry around an instrument that can spit out thousands of rounds of bullets per minute, capable of putting holes through the average house wall!! 

Having had two suicides by gunshot in my immediate family, I can say that in both cases I doubt sincerely that either would have occurred if a gun had not been available. Both were women, who supposedly rarely use guns to take their lives. However, both were wonderful young vibrant women and highly intelligent. I have always felt certain that had not a gun been right at hand and were they forced to think of some other manner, they would not have done it. Guns were not within their immediate daily lives.

Other methods were, with some truly deep intent, are available to anyone at anytime. However, none of these other methods are "sure things". Overdosing, using a vehicle, high bridges - the list is pretty endless. Most of them have a reasonable risk of survival. A bullet to the brain has NO risk of survival and intelligent people know this. No person who is aware they are someone with deep depression keeps a gun around, they just don't. They frequently do have medically prescribed highly effective psychotropic medications, generally a fair amount of those. They do have access to cars, etc.

I myself, a war veteran I might add, live with bipolar disorder and PTSD. I also would add that I have never owned, or will own, any firearms. I was taught to use them when I was in the service. I even have an "Expert Marksman Medal". But I wouldn't be put out if I showed up on a "No Purchase List".

I had a cross-medication reaction once and totaled a car due to a blackout. My driver’s license was revoked before I got out of the ER. It took six months, a required Drivers Ed class and convincing a Judge in court before I got even a conditional license to drive myself to work. And, I was on a "Conditional License" for two years after that. WhyTF don't we have any kind of system to deal with firearms, Constitutional Amendments or not.

Other than that in one score plus a half-century of life, I have never ever broken a single law.  I do have some experience with Police Officers, but that is because they just happen to be friends or neighbors.  No traffic tickets, no law suits, not even a rock thrown at me.  Nu-huffing.  World’s nicest, peace luvin’ guy.  I just like to have the thought tucked in the back of my brain, that the guy next to me packin’ a .38 Special knows how to use it and isn’t a bipolar nut-job like me.


And, that when he’s not packin’, that gun is put away somewhere to which only he has access.  That’s all.  Is that too much to ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment