Monday, December 10, 2018

Drawing Blind



As it is. “Drawing Blind: Learn to Draw by closing your eyes” is now in print.  Click the link.

I have kept the price quite reasonable … because I am not certain I won’t do some more editing and layout changes.  BECAUSE, even though I have had several readers and editors go over this publication - it still has some “problems” - ARGgh!  BUT, somehow I still like the overall nature of this recent redo.  

I intentionally used “Courier” font, because I fell in love with Courier when I recently wrote a screenplay. It does look like an old typewriter hard-key font. And, I like that.  I mean … why should a finished printed hardcopy book about Art not be an “Art Object” itself?  Why can’t do we have to let computers and top-shelf printers make everything polished to the point of being generic and losing all sense of humanity?  

I don’t have an answer, but I do get tired of everything being perfect, polished and gutless.  This new industry Amazon has set up where anyone can publish a printed book for a minimal investment and have the whole project be “as is” - as long as you fit everything within a lot specs (that part IS frustrating).  But, I t saves a whole lotta trees.  Instead of tons and hundreds of tons of books approved by various “Publishing Houses” sitting on the shelves of Barnes and Noble until they yellow and have to be “recycled”.  What a waste.

And, generally those gatekeepers, critics and dreamstompers are just plain wrong concerning what is good and what actual readers will like and what history will credit.



No comments:

Post a Comment