Friday, February 3, 2017

Do Not Kill Bluebirds

Do Not Kill Bluebirds

In my own effort to raise awareness on the matter of Mental Health - in particular BiPolar Disorder.  Only BiPolar(ism) since that is the only one I really have vast experience with, however, since my own mental disorder cycles have changed dramatically in the last decade, that may change.


Next, I am going to tag a video I just uploaded to see if all the energy and focus it took to make is worth making more on the topic of the video.


"Surviving Reality - Living with BiPolar Disorder"
If I find enough interest in the VidBlog, which I am calling "Surviving Reality - Living with BiPolar Disorder" © Dale C. Peterson 2017, I'll do more.

This is a major big, like yuge, topic and both being a person making my way with this challenge AND having taught (successfully, I like to believe) High School for 30 years, it's pretty important.


Mental Health and the potential disorders most commonly occur, as my own research - which is easily verified, is between the ages of 15 to 25.  Or, it might be seen during, or slightly after puberty.  Although due to possible "Traumatic Brain Injury" (TBI), it can occur at any time.  What I am saying, in part, is that - whether it is genetic or accidental, Mental Illness can strike anyone.

Now, there are a great many very good books, and probably other blogs and even podcasts, on this issue.  I have read many, many of the more recommended books.  My intention right here, right now, with this posting is gather data (as I have said) about whether or not my own little contribution should continue in some manner.  

Why "Surviving Reality"?  That will also be expounded more, with time and development.  Quickly though, I say "Surviving Reality" because that is was it often feels like to me.  My world and that in which I often feel like I am participating, are quite different concepts.  And, the many people I am acquainted with, who also live subjectively on the curve of mental health normalcy, tell me is how they feel.  Or, there is a commonality of perception of reality that is accepted socially and culturally, and there is ours, which must be maintained utilizing a number of tools.  I stress the word maintained.  (And, more on that later.)

So ...

dalepeterson.us

No comments:

Post a Comment